Hello from Hope, BC

Let's get to know each other a little better.
Luanne

My name is Luanne and this will be my second season with Dan and Andrew who are amazing!!!

Being newly retired last year I decided that I wanted to grow my own food in my back yard. Last year was our first year living in Hope and I saw that they had a community garden, which to me is an ideal place to join and learn to decide whether or not I should transform my back yard into a garden.

I joined the Community Garden and turns out my neighbor happens to be a member there and produces food for the food bank in Hope. I decided the best way to learn would be to help her in the garden with the food bank growth. She suggested that I take your course, which she took a few years back on at your farm, which was now offered online, due to Covid; so I signed up and have never regretted this decision.

My back yard has almost been transformed into a proper garden with a 6x10 greenhouse and two raised garden beds. We are going to fence it in so that the dogs can not water my plants with their own source.

I have purchased my seeds from West Coast Seeds and plan to draw up my gardening plan in order to stay more organized this year. Last year I was not 100% committed because I just had too much to do getting my house in order as we just moved in. I feel ready now to give my all to this course and to my back yard garden as well as the Community garden. I will definitely have loads of questions :D :D

Happy Gardening everyone and a Big Thanks to Dan and Andrew!!! Great Job!!!

Return to “Introductions”