Hello from Hope BC

Let's get to know each other a little better.
Mama in Hope

Hello,
I am live on a 1/4 acre lot in Hope, BC. I have two 4x10 raised beds outside and one raised bed in a greenhouse and lots of room for pots. Maybe another raised bed. I dream of a garden that is landscaped and practical including adding hopefully fruit trees and berry bushes this year.

I would love to learn to be very self sufficient for my family from just my tiny plot that I have and look very much forward to what Jack, Dan and Andrew have to teach me. So far I’ve learned a lot already from just the first few videos.

Daniessa.
jack oostenbrink
Site Admin

Hi Daniessa! Welcome to the course and the forum. Im looking forward to a great growing season this year. I am trying out some new to me items which I am really excited about; black futsu squash, and sweet potatoes. It will be cool to see if you can raise enough food for your family from your plot.
Andrew
Site Admin

Welcome to the course! You can produce a whopping amount of food on a 1/4 acre. Pay attention to planning your crops to go in around June for your fall/winter/spring harvests. Don't worry too much about the spring, its just training for the real event in summer!

Return to “Introductions”