Hello to Everyone!

Let's get to know each other a little better.
Corinne

Hello to Everyone!
My name is Corinne and I live in Langford BC, just outside Victoria, on a gorgeous hobby farm with my husband, two sons and mother-in-law. I would say I am somewhat of an experienced gardener, but I always feel I have so much more to learn.

We originally sold Christmas trees from the farm, but over the years we’ve evolved into seasonal greenery, some flowers, eggs, and farm tours. Most recently we added meat chickens and cattle for beef. I grow some food for our family, but I want to grow more flowers and vegetables for market and expand on the farm tours. Oh and I also want ducks.

I would love-love-love for this farm to be more than a hobby – so my goal is to turn this into my career. I signed up for the Local Harvest program late last year so I am excited to be back as I’ve already learned so much! I am particularly interested in market gardening, both the growing and business side of things, soil health, irrigation, crop planning, well everything really! Ha

I have enjoyed reading all your introductions and looking forward to learning lots from all of you!
Danoost
Site Admin

Hi Corinne,

You're in good company. There are quite a few market gardeners and aspiring market gardeners in our group. Wishing you an awesome growing season and I hope your vision to transition into a farm enterprise will become a reality very soon.
Andrew
Site Admin

Welcome back! You are definitely in the right place to take your gardening to the next level. Although this isn't a course for market gardening, its by market gardeners so I think you'll find plenty of sage advice and there may be some special content just for market gardeners.

Return to “Introductions”