fruit tree pruning

For course and other questions which are unrelated to specific topics or crops classified below.
Darla

Hello,
Thank you so much for the fruit tree pruning instructional videos! They are the best I have ever found. I am hoping there will be more for the other fruit trees we can grow... peach, apricot, plum, and how about grapes? Is it different pruning required for table grapes vs grapes for wine?
Thank you
Darla.
PeasIntheRain

Thanks, Darla

I'd like to second the request for a video on pruning grapes, please. Instructions elsewhere range from extraordinarily simple to fussy, and it's difficult to find out what is right for this part of the world in terms of timing (time of year or plant condition), and so on. My major goal for the grapes is to have leaves for cooking, if that makes a difference.
jack oostenbrink
Site Admin

We have some 2 year old grapes that we can do a demonstration on but they are pretty small yet. Unfortunately our large grapes have already been pruned, but if anyone in Chilliwack area has an established vine for us to demo on, let us know please. We've filmed plum, and apple, and pear and cherry. We are refilming peach (nectarine same) in February week 2.

Return to “General Questions”