New Worm Parent Anxiety

Vermicomposting uses worms to create nutrient-rich worm castings that significantly improves overall plant health.
Trixi Agrios

My worm bin keeps me awake at night. I get up and stare into the bin to see if there is any sign of life or activity and i see between very little and nothing! Like any new parent i am dreading i’ve done something wrong and although I followed all Andrew’s instructions explicitly I am so worried. There is an apple in two corners with no worms underneath. There is lovely bedding and other bits of food too yet nothing is dissapearing, wiggling or crawling about. Advice appreciated. Home inspections welcomed.
ladyshanny

How long have you had the bin? How many worms were introduced? Is it a Hungry Bin? where are you located, I'm not a pro but I've kept mine thriving for a year so maybe I could help troubleshoot?
Trixi Agrios

It is not a hungry bin but it is a good homemade similar version, we have a 1000 worms from Andrew and I am happy to say that they are now starting to eat and show signs of activity. I may call out to you if needed.
Thank you

Return to “Vermicomposting”