HOMEWORK: watch this movie

For course and other questions which are unrelated to specific topics or crops classified below.
danadykema

Hey All!

I just watched The Biggest Little Farm with my eldest son for the 6th time. It is literally my favourite movie of all time. It is so inspiring and encouraging and beautiful. Your homework this month is to watch this movie. Then tell me what you loved about it. That goes for you too Dan, Andrew & Jack!
Do you have a favourite movie related to soil or gardening?
troy

i watched this docufilm about a year or two ago and had forgotten about it. just watched it again. i really enjoyed how well it was put together in terms of documenting how they lived before they started farming, the vision they created together about farming, how they got investors to fund their vision, the state of the land before they started farming, the many challenges of managing a diverse array of farm animals, crops and predators, and finally, how after 7 years of nurturing their permaculture farm, everything came together in a self sustaining ecosystem.

i found it amazing how much they accomplished within the first year of farming. compared to how much time i spent in my mom's backyard to get a modest patch of land ready for growing food, i can only imagine how many man hours of labour it must have taken them to work their 200+ acres of land.

most of all, i really loved how they created a beautiful life for themselves and shared it with others...

Return to “General Questions”