Recommendation for non GMO forage seeds

nate.woods

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. We recently moved up to Thornton Rd in Chilliwack. We are looking to do rotational grazing with Sheep and chickens. Looking for any recommendations on a good forage seed company that is non-GMO.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Nate.
Danoost
Site Admin

I'm not sure of the best place to go for forage seeds but wanted to suggest a book on rotational grazing by Gabe Brown, "Dirt to Soil".

He uses cows but the principles are similar. He uses mixed species blend for his fields using up to 30 different types of plants including grains, legumes, flowers, etc.
nate.woods

Excellent Thank you Dan.

We have watched one of Gabe's seminars on youtube. I will check out that book. Thank you again.
nate.woods

Dan,

I bought the book, it is fantastic and I am learning a ton, thank you!

I realized that I should have rephrased my question from Forage seed to Cover Crops...

So lets try that again, .... do you have any recommendations for the best seed companies for Cover Crops? Is west coast seeds the best?

Thanks again Dan. I hope you are well, and have a great night.
Danoost
Site Admin

Hi Nate,

I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

Most seed companies sell cover crop seed but I can't give a recommendation on the best. Explore WCS, Osborne, Johnny's Seeds, William Dam, Stokes. Most seed probably originates from the US so whether you buy from a Canadian company or an American the source is probably the same.

sorry I can't be of more help here.

Return to “D. Permaculture”