Bokashi

Bokashi composting is an anaerobic process that converts food wastes into an amazing soil amendment.
Trina

I want to start Bokashi composting. I have a compost pile that is made up from garden materials and grass clippings and wood ash. I do not add food scraps from my kitchen due to bears. If I started bokashi in pails in my garage I would then safely bury it in my compost pile? I have looked on Amazon for the pails but the lids look suspect which could be painful. The prices are steep. Any advice as to where I can buy a good set of pails with screw off lids that aren’t over priced?
Danoost
Site Admin

I believe the bokashi videos will be released and available for viewing within a week.

Yes, you can bury your bokashi in the garden when it's done fermenting. Again, this is covered in the video Module A, Section 3.3.

Andrew sells bokashi kits: pails, lids, starter. Check out his website at https://terrafloraorganics.com/. If you don't find them there, send him an email.
Andrew
Site Admin

Trina wrote: Thu 30-Dec-2021, 13:13 I want to start Bokashi composting. I have a compost pile that is made up from garden materials and grass clippings and wood ash. I do not add food scraps from my kitchen due to bears. If I started bokashi in pails in my garage I would then safely bury it in my compost pile? I have looked on Amazon for the pails but the lids look suspect which could be painful. The prices are steep. Any advice as to where I can buy a good set of pails with screw off lids that aren’t over priced?
I really recommend the airscape. Its worth the price as it makes frequent access to the bin a dream without slowing it down. To save money you could skip the gamma seal lid and just use the airscape since its effectively a lid. I would put a proper lid on for any transport.

We have airscapes and complete systems you can build back in stock: terrafloraorganics.com/shop

Return to “Bokashi”