ADHD & Time Management

For course and other questions which are unrelated to specific topics or crops classified below.
LittleRedHen

Time management is my weakness, or should I specifically say, executing my time management.
SQUIRREL!
I can and love creating plans but…I have great troubles when to FEEL like it’s the right time or the amount of time.
ADHD people generally do not have an internal clock. We can’t FEEL time. A minute, an hour, a day… it can all become a blur
Executing of my detailed plans gets awashed with getting side-tracked, too tired to follow through, thinking I still have time and then I’m too late, doing too much, being a fine-weather gardener, I get bored, I get overwhelmed, I’d rather do something else that day
Time problems in the garden:
…start seedlings for each season
…transplanting timing
…starting succession planting
…watering & and how much to water
…harvesting
…caring & adding amendments
It seems to be successful, one must have a good handle on time management. Sigh.

Here’s some of my thoughts . Any insights and advice would be much appreciated!
1. K.I.S.S. it! Keep it Simple, stupid. I need to grow a few things that I love/ want instead trying EVERYTHING! And to grow just enough for my needs
2. Make my morning garden tour a daily routine. Enjoy the moment.
3. Do gardening at the same time each day
4. Have an accountability partner to keep focused on daily chores
5. As part of my daily routine, I need to keep my garden journal accessible (out of sight = out of mind)

Once again… any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Little Red Hen

Return to “General Questions”