Snow invaded my farm

MemoryLaneFarm

I am in Port Alberni and we usually only get a few days Snow. Which melts away quite quickly. Not this year. I have so much snow on the ground right now, its killed off my salad garden in my tunnel. Who knows what I will find in the main garden. We had low temps of -17 C last week. Burr,
I am home with covid. So I finally had time to go through my seeds and organize everything. Then I went on line and bought more seed.lol :lol:
I am really looking forward to getting back to sowing and getting thing going once again.
ElysseG

Oh no!! Sorry to hear you are sick!! My raised beds are covered in snow too... carrots frozen in the ground.
Cliffsidegardens

ugh, I feel ya. The snow plow keeps piling the snow onto the sunniest front corner of my front yard, where I want to put my beds this year. Like 6ft of snowbank, next to my roses and bed area. Hopefully things melt away by March so I can start getting things set up.
TomF

I just got some carrots out of my garden today now that temps are back up. I did not have anything under cover. The chard looks mostly done on exposed leaves but I wonder if it will come back. I have green onion still going and last harvest was before the cold snap, final lettuce that has hung in with little growth looks to be done. time will tell if others pull through or not.

Hope you get through your covid soon Memorylanefarms.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”