Hi from Rosedale!

Let's get to know each other a little better.
Willemijn

Hi everyone,
I love gardening! I especially love weeding and pruning. When I started vegetable gardening, I remember an old friend telling me that I needed the feed the soil. Although I had heard of composting, I had never thought of the concept that I needed to feed the soil.
Right now all our food scraps go to our chickens so I don't actually compost. The chicken manure goes on our raised beds in the winter. I also have a pile of woodchips that needs to be applied to my beds but there is often not enough time. There is so much to do!
Gardening for me is often an escape from my busy household (hubby and 5 sons!). The garden is so quiet and peaceful!
I am looking forward to learning about the different ways of composting, 4 season vegetable gardening, increasing production, etc. There is always more to learn!
jack oostenbrink
Site Admin

Hi neighbour, I'm glad to see you are on here! Looking forward to hearing your voice on the forum this year as you've already got such a good base! I can't wait to hear how your garden (and you) are impacted by this course.

Return to “Introductions”