Making Inoculant

tracezleelast

In the video it was mentioned you will show us how to make the Inoculant. Someone told me before to buy EM and Bran flakes and that is how Bokashi Bran is made. I have been buying it from Amazon but was excited to make my own (or possibly buy it from you guys).
tracezleelast

This spring a local gardener near our cabin hosted a workshop. He showed us an inoculant recipe which was a handful of mycelium (the white fungi), which we picked from the forest floor under leaves. Sea salt in a bucket of water and the mycelium in one stocking, a cooked potatoes in another stocking. Let that sit for a few hours or a day. Just curious how many methods there are for making inoculant, and which is the cheapest. This one is super cheap and has readily available ingredients. But does it work like the other stuff?
Michelle Dargatz

Hi, you can buy Andrews Bokashi bran at Local or here on his website...alternatively, you could totally make your own. I believe he talks about that in one of the composting videos. https://terrafloraorganics.com/shop/ols ... -amendment Last year, I thought for sure I'd make my own, haha but time was never on my side.
Andrew
Site Admin

tracezleelast wrote: Wed 05-Jan-2022, 21:44 In the video it was mentioned you will show us how to make the Inoculant. Someone told me before to buy EM and Bran flakes and that is how Bokashi Bran is made. I have been buying it from Amazon but was excited to make my own (or possibly buy it from you guys).
We will have a video put up that demonstrates two methods. Not sure when but it will be coming up once we finish the other composting videos!
tracezleelast

Thanks for letting me know I am looking forward to it.

Return to “1. Cover the ground with organic matter”