Hello from North Vancouver.

Let's get to know each other a little better.
Trixi Agrios

My name is Trixi Agrios and my husband Michael and I live in North Vancouver. The reason we’re taking this course is because we want to improve the soil and our yields.
We have a double city lot with what for city dwellers is considered a good size garden. We’ve been on this property for over 30 years and we’ve build a green house, raised garden beds for cutting flowers and others with fruit trees, herbs and flowers and we have raised beds just for vegetables. We have a nice crop of raspberries and blackberries. When you first see our garden it looks very good and productive and people comment on its beauty …oh but wait!
The garden usually starts off great but come August we’re not getting the yields we should from the veggies… except for kale, it is still 5’ high. Oh and pumpkins; we grew over 20 from about 4 or 5 plants and they were huge and delish. The flower and herb gardens also do fine and are abundant. Try as I might we’ve yet to grow a decent crop of carrots or beets and our tomatoes are so so. We had no cucumbers, lots of runner beans but no green beens. The garlic i started from excellent bulbs were puny. Really annoying! I grow plenty of juicy flower pots to fill in empty spots to just to keep up appearances.

So when Elysse Gilbertson. a family friend, moved to Chilliwack and started her garden we could not believe what and how much she grew in her first year. The only thing more green than her garden was my envy! She swears by this course, the soil and the worms …so here we are. Ready to learn and improve our gardens.

Looking forward to getting to know you better and learning from all of you.
Happy New Year
ElysseG

I’m excited to see what your garden and yields look like this season :):)
ChrisW

Hi Trixi, I also want to increase my yields. Last summer I purchased a worm bin from Andrew and this spring and summer I will have vermicompost to add to seedlings and more. I am looking forward to seeing the difference.

Return to “Introductions”