Hello from Eastern WA!

Let's get to know each other a little better.
Tuckerprairie

Hello! My name is Colby, my wife's name is Hillary. We were just recently able to purchase a home with some land and we are very excited to get it working. We are complete novices when it comes to all things gardening. I am so excited that this class and information is available! I cant wait to soak up every bit of knowledge I can and learn from our very knowledgeable instructors and all of you.

So far, we have been mildly successful at starting some tomatoes and peppers in the town house we lived in. Unfortunately, we had very limited light for the plants in that living space, so we never saw a harvest.

At our new place we have started with some chickens and planted some fruit trees. We have been snowed in since about Thanksgiving or so, not a lot going on outside for us here so it's a great time to learn!
MForest

Hi Colby and Hilary, Welcome! And congratulations on your property acquisition! As an aged and veteran (but not necessarily ‘learned’) gardener who has signed up a second time for this course, I can guarantee you will learn so much from the instructors as well as other members of this community. It’s a matter of absorbing and then implementing what you can, while recognizing that this kind of gardening is a process over time. I’m so so so glad I decided to check out an IG post last March while in the midst of Covid gloom and boredom; I’m sure you will be glad to have signed on. Cheers!
ChrisW

Hi Colby and Hillary, you are in a great position to learn and create a plan for your garden from the beginning. Dan, Andrew and Jack are so generous at sharing their incredible knowledge. Looking forward to see what you create.

Return to “Introductions”