No-till Gardening free e-course video #1
The no-till method for growing the best celery (5:20)
Farmer Dan demonstrates how to grow the best organic celery the no-till way.
This video covers:
– Full or partial harvest techniques, the latter for seed saving
– When and how often to water
– Why you should add compost as they grow
– How to feed the soil microbiome
– Why you want tall, pale green stems
– The reasons why you might be getting dark green & stringy stems
– The best months for planting
– When you can do your last planting (zones 7 & 8) and what you can do to help your celery survive the winter.
The open pollinating variety that Dan refers to is Tango, available from West Coast Seeds @
The next installment of the free no-till gardening e-course will reach your inbox in four days time.
Important: if you’ve just registered for the free 7 part e-course, check your inbox for an email with the subject line “Confirm your subscription.”
You will need to click the “Confirm my email” button therein to receive the rest of the videos in the series (note: check your junk folder if you don’t see it in your inbox.) You can unsubscribe at any time.