No-till Gardening free e-course video #5
Growing Onions (6:40)
Farmer Dan demonstrates how to grow onions.
This video covers:
– When to seed & transplant (or direct plant)
– How far apart to space them
– Soil fertility & moisture tips
– Recommended variety names & characteristics
– When to harvest and how to dry them
– How to prepare & store for maximum longevity
– When to plant if you want them to over-winter (zones 6 & 7).
Some of the variety names that Dan refers to are Patterson, Walla Walla and Rossa di Milano, available from West Coast Seeds @ https://www.westcoastseeds.com/collections/onion-seeds
If you missed part #4 of this e-course, it was on bokashi composting.
Part 6 of the free no-till gardening e-course will reach your inbox in four days time.
If you’ve come across this page from a search engine or source other than our e-course email, you can opt-in to receive all seven videos via the webform towards the bottom of our previews page.