No-till Gardening free e-course video #6
How to convert a lawn or paved area into a fertile garden (8:54)
The five steps to convert an existing lawn, rocky or paved area into a fertile food or flower producing garden:
1. Get rid of all weeds first
2. Add compost to introduce fertility
3. Start planting
4. Maintain weed control
5. Add ongoing fertility throughout the life of the plant
In this video, farmer Dan demonstrates and elaborates on:
– Four natural methods to eliminate weeds and maintain ongoing weed control: occultation weeding, hand-weed, rake, wheel hoe
– How to maintain soil fertility while plants are growing
– Why you should take a long-term view towards soil fertility.
The Terra Flora Organics Vermicompost that Dan mentions at the 5:00 mark is available in our market as well as online at https://terrafloraorganics.com/shop
If you missed part #5 of this e-course, it was on growing onions.
Part #4 on Bokashi composting is linked under the onions video.
The final installment of the no-till gardening free e-course will reach your inbox in four days time.
If you’ve come across this page from a search engine or source other than our e-course email, you can opt-in to receive all seven videos via the webform towards the bottom of our previews page.