In this video, market gardener Dan shares his experience on how to avoid common problems when growing tomatoes, including what to focus on when pruning them.
– Good airflow is vital
– Use drip irrigation and monitor to ensure your soil is not too moist
– Regularly apply compost, and vary the composition of your compost and mulch
– The ideal growing temperature is in the 25-32°C = 77-90°F range
– To facilitate pruning, use sharp, pointy scissors
– Snip-off the suckers and trim-off lower leaves to increase airflow & light to your fruit
– How to identify suckers and why it’s important to remove them.
Video length: 8:20