We’re in the process of filming a new 7-part free e-course series. This is the first one. I’ll be posting each episode to the blog over the next few weeks. Once we’ve filmed all seven, I’ll be transferring them to webpages and will also make them available in the members’ area.
Leverage the multifaceted benefits of irrigation in your garden to prevent bolting, increase photosynthesis, protect the soil food web and, of course, to give your plants the water they need to thrive.
This video covers:
– Setting up an irrigation system to water the ground uniformly
– The type of equipment you’ll need and how to put it together
– How to do it cost effectively (the system demonstrated covers a 40-ft square garden for less than $100)
– Based on a mini-sprayer system which allows you to run multiple sprinklers off a single household faucet
– Dan’s suggested watering frequency for hot days and the benefits of keeping your plants and soil cool
– Examples of plants that should be drip watered to keep their leaves dry and avoid fungal problems.
Video length: 5:25
Learn How to Achieve Food Self-Sufficiency, Build Soil Fertility and Grow an Abundance of Nutrient Dense Food Year-Round.
Access personal Q&A support with Dan (market gardener), Andrew (composting expert), and Jack (edible landscape designer) to answer any of your growing questions through our members’ discussion forum and live Zoom meeting webinars (March-Oct).
Access a fresh stream of seasonally adapted video releases as the growing season progresses (we’re located in the Pacific Northwest).